How to Choose Sunglasses for Children
Most of the children enjoy playing outside on a nice, sunny day. While they are having their fun, the sun can provide harmful UV rays that can damage their eyes. Here are a few tips to remember when you buy sunglasses:
1) The most important thing to consider when choosing sunglasses is that they CE Marked labels to guarantee UV protection.
2) Ensure that the sunglasses fit properly. Wearing sunglasses that are even slightly off can allow sunlight to pass above, below or around the lens, causing damage to the eyes. It’s also important to get relatively close-fitting frames to aid in keeping debris out of their eyes.
3) Look for important features like spring-loaded hinges that allow the frame to bend past 90 degrees, impact-resistant lenses that are made from a polycarbonate or plastic lens that’s designed to not crack or break when struck.
4) Choose sunglasses that offer 100 % protection of both UVA and UVB ultraviolet rays.
5) Look for rubber frames that are soft and flexible, so your kids won’t break them and adjustable bands for greater comfort.
6) The level of UV protection sunglasses provide has nothing to do with the color of the lenses, the choice of color and tint density is a matter of personal preference.
You can order premium quality, 100% UV protective sunglasses from FamilySafety. The RealKids and BabyBanz sunglasses are designed specifically for babies and kids. Click here!