Posted by: Judit
Here are our tips in order to avoid food poisoning.
- marinate the meat by placing it in the fridge and not on the counter
- meat can be marinated up to two days
- if some of the marinade is to be used as a sauce, reserve a portion of the marinade before putting raw meat in it
- when carrying food to another location, keep it cold to minimize bacterial growth
- prevent cross contamination by using different plates and utensils for raw meat and cooked meat
- using a food thermometer is the only way to tell when meat is cooked properly
- refrigerate any leftovers promptly in shallow containers
- discard any food left out more than 2 hours
- if the tap water is not safe, do not drink tap water, do not even use it for toothbrush. Take along a water filter!
- do not ask, do not accept ice in your drink
- eat only freshly prepared (fried, cooked) meals
- raw meat, poultry and fish should be cooked or frozen within two days
- frozen foods are always melted in the refrigerator or in the microwave and not at room temperature
- always wash your hands with soap and warm water before you begin any kind of food preparation
- use a separate cutting boards for meats than vegetables
- eat any left-overs eat within 3-4 days or freeze it.
- the frozen food have to be consumed within 2 months